Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Delayed news relays (which is what happens when a person is off the net for sometime):

Inside the Writing Mind features an article on Dean Alfar and Philippine Speculative Fiction

Also got this email from Dean Alfar telling me that Philippine Speculative Fiction volume 2 will be launched on December 10, 2006 at 3:00 P.M. Venue: The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at the Promenade in Green Hills, San Juan.

My bro says he's going to be there. Don't I wish I could be there. I wish I could be there...but darned...I'm too big to get onto a plane right now. I doubt any airlines would let me fly. Not when I'm a couple of weeks away from popping.

I have over 400 emails to go through as a result of me not checking my computer since the last time I logged on here for how many days...

Waiting for results of my latest batch of submissions. I suppose that will take a while as most of them take a couple of months to respond. I-Walk is still percolating inside my head, and I'm taking a fresh new look at several stories that need to be sent out.

Purchased this week: Orson Scott Card's, How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy. A good read. A great book to keep on hand and go back to every now and then. It's going right up there beside Anne Lammott's, Bird by Bird and William Zinsser's, On Writing Well, and of course not to forget, The Elements of Style, and The New York Times Handbook of Style.

Sneaking a look at Dean's list of author's to read, I got myself a copy of Kelly Link's, Magic for Beginners. A great, fun read. I bet Kelly Link had fun writing those stories.

Looking into the possibilities of getting a laptop. I realize now that I won't be able to survive those weeks when I can't climb up to the attic and write.

Turns out, laptops have been going down in price. Another attractive option is renovating our bedroom so that I can put this computer in there. Good idea to get baby used to the sound of keys tap-tap-tapping away.

Yes, dear child, Mommy can't be happy without writing. Better to live with the tap-tapping sound than to live with a Mom who snarls your head off because she hasn't written her 2000 word fix today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home