Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Nine Children, Three Cats, Two Dogs and One Precocious Hamster

I haven't been updating this blog, haven't been online much, and Nanowrimo has come up without me being aware of where the days have gone to. Nanowrimo starts tomorrow and even though I'm not sure if I'll make it to the 50,000 mark before the end of November, I couldn't help signing up.

Mommyness!

My list of things to do has grown in leaps in bounds. From creating more attic space, finding someone to help me rescue the garden from giant weeds, throwing birthday parties for one seven-year-old, and trying to catch up with reviews, I'd quite forgotten about Nanowrimo. But okay, instead of writing this really serious novel which I've been trying to catch hold of since last year, I decided to write this wacky, crazy mix-up thing entitled: Nine Children, Three Cats, Two Dogs and One Precocious Hamster.

Why?

Because...for some strange reason, the weird, off-kilter things inside my head seem to work lots better than when I am seriously trying to write something.

Darn. I am so jealous of people who neatly outline everything they write. My brain seems to be just one chaotic mess that cannot outline. Maybe because I never learned to do it? I really don't know. The Precocious Hamster is certainly in for a gigantic adventure, and I'm just going along for the ride. I'm glad I am not a hamster.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mirtika said...

Wait a minute? How many kids do you have!!?? :)

Come and see us at NaNo. We're here:

An ACFW & DKA & F*i*F Christian Speculative Fiction Support Lounge

NaNo hasn't let me in this afternoon (one time only). It's really busy. Yowza.

Mir

31 October, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I /love/ your NaNo concept! I can't wait to read about the adventures of the Precocious Hamster!

Hope you can drop by my NaNoblog:

magandascomb.blogspot.com

And yep, the NaNo site is really booked up solid. I have a feeling other than posting stats, I'm not going to be doing much there.

31 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home