Monday, September 25, 2006

Apex digest raffle

This came up on the OWW mailing list, and I thought it was interesting. It just goes to show how way behind I am with the news, as the raffle drawing is already being held this Friday.

Nevertheless, better late than never, right?

I've managed to recover the seventh revision I did on Inhabitants of the Earth, and after not seeing that ms for two months, I must say, it's not bad. So, here's the advantage of shelving a project for some time. It allows the writer to return to it and view it with fresh eyes. I now see where I need to go back and cut out and where I need to proceed from.

Funny thing about writing is how characters will take on a life all their on and manage to confuse the story with their own demands. So, yes, I think the stepping back and giving the story a rest for a while is a good thing to do.

I've decided to keep Inhabitants on a low burn and let the ideas simmer around while I concentrate on rewriting Boy in the Bush.

On the home front: Joel Jan and I are immersed within the pages of The Voyage of the Dawn Trader. Yes, we've got another Narnia convert in that boy :) We've finished reading: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, and Prince Caspian.

If babies pick up knowledge in the womb, this baby is going to be born knowing all about Narnia too .

I'm off to do some more writing before it's time to jump up on that bike again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home