Thursday, September 14, 2006

machines and apes

According to Dr. Jane Goodall, we are the fifth branch descending from a common ancestor. We are related to apes and chimpanzees and gorillas, but not descended from monkeys. We just all have the same common ancestor.

Okay, I've got monkeys on the brain, and in the last month since our computer crashed, Flashshots magazine published and sent out my flash piece, Primal Chess.

Well, monkeys and babies. I couldn't help thinking wacky thoughts while watching Dr. Goodall on this Dutch television show, and I wondered if I should do something more with monkeys as Primal Chess. Checking through the huge stack of emails ( mostly spam) I found a couple of encouraging mails from folks who'd read Primal Chess. I suppose I should write more flash, but I keep thinking about babies, and am having nightmares about the baby being born and the house being all topsy-turvy.

The great thing about being computerless though, is how it's given me time away from stories I'd probably have poked at endlessly. I am so thankful for the foresight that made me mail some of the really important stuff to my hotmail account. I do have a back-up but that's on a dvd that the computer I am now using can't read because this computer is a throwback from pre-pentium times. .

I am not complaining. I'm just glad to be able to check mails and get online again, even if I have to turn all the graphics off and don't have all the fancy stuff the other computer had.

Lunar Wind was published on Gryphonwood.

And I just realized I have got to get to work on those stories, poems and all the other deadlines that I really want to make before the month ends.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Mabanglo-Mayor said...

Chie! Chie! CHIE!

*hug*

I've missed you.

Thanks for the update on how you and your writing are doing.

Drop me a line sometime, pweeese?

*wink*

19 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home