Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I'm off to the Philippines :) It's not like I've been updating my blog that regularly, but who knows how much time I'll have to write blog entries in between all the reunions taking place and my parents celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary.

It's going to be pretty busy, but I'll try to get online regularly.

I've got a huge surprise for my parents who've been moaning about me having only one child :) This news has been keeping me so preoccupied lately...ha, ha...so there's the explanation for feeling somewhat under-the-weather which is so unusual for me.

To top off this surprise I receive an email from the editor of Route's Skin Byteback. A piece I submitted is being considered for inclusion in this upcoming byteback. It turns out the editor for this byteback book is Crista Ermiya. I was quite impressed by her story, Surf Scoter, which appeared in Wonderwall, and remember taking note of her name and looking it up in the author listing...and being quite, quite pleased and proud to discover she is half-filipino.

It was such a wonderful surprise to find out she's editing this byteback.

I am taking lots of books to read on the trip home and to share with my dear bookwormish brothers and sister :) Oh, I am so happy to be reunited with them all again...I look forward to wonderful discussions over the dinner table...all that stimulating talk...and I am hoping to visit my aunt on her farm and look forward to meeting Dean Alfar in person.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ernesto said...

Did I get this wrong or are you pregnant?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Have a safe trip!

28 June, 2006  
Blogger rcloenen-ruiz said...

Thanks, Ernesto. And you got it right :) I am indeed pregnant.

28 June, 2006  
Blogger Rebecca Mabanglo-Mayor said...

*hug* What wonderful news! Congratulations!

So, I never tried this myself, but are salted green mangoes really good when you're preggers?

29 June, 2006  
Blogger na said...

Congratulations!
Eileen

29 June, 2006  
Blogger Ivy said...

Congratulations, Rochita! Have a safe journey and return...

04 July, 2006  
Blogger rcloenen-ruiz said...

Posting from the Philippines. Bec, I'm still searching for those green mangoes...but the ripe ones are fabulous too ;)

Ivy and Eileen: Thanks for the good wishes. This was a big surprise for all of us.

04 July, 2006  
Blogger ver said...

Congratulations, Rochita! Eat, eat, eat!

24 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home