Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Who is Remedios Varo?

Type in the name and you'll come up with an entire, images to satisfy the mind and the imagination. I'm taking a leaflet out of Mark Young's poetic book, allowing myself to obey the winds that blow The Chatelaine to peruse and be inspired by art and life.

I mention these two in the same breath because of how their work has returned to me my love for poetry. If that isn't inspirational enough...I am writing poetry again and reflecting on how I once used to mourn my lack of words.

Anyway, I found Remedios Varo via
Byzarium. Remedios Varo's Creation of the Birds is the inspiration for Byzarium's latest flash fiction writing contest. Maybe it's that time of month again, but there's no denying, Remedios Varo's work speaks to me. So... I am opening a notebook blog where I'll play around with stuff inspired by this fantastic surrealist painter.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss F said...

Hello Ms.Loenen-Ruiz, I am sure you will be able to write a lot cuz your muse is one who happens to be the amazing Ms. Varo. I first encountered here through Giornale Nuovo. I'm sorry I don't know how to put links in my comments, so this is the address:http://www.spamula.net/blog/2005/11/personages_1.html

http://www.spamula.net/blog/2006/01/varo_1.html

01 March, 2006  
Blogger rcloenen-ruiz said...

Thanks for the link, Miss F. Some great images on there...

01 March, 2006  
Blogger Kathang Pinay2 said...

I love Remedios Varo...more than Kahlo! One of my mentors actually knew her and her husband in Mexico!

06 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home