Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I am going to wait one more day before sending Lulu a follow-up email. What's with the long delay? According to their email, they're printing the book in Europe. It's about a month since I ordered Ernesto's book and still no sign of it anywhere.

I'm quite curious though about My Spaceship which is an anthology of ekphrastic work based on science fiction images. Interesting. Might be something to write about for The Sword Review .

Which reminds me of Interzone 203 . This edition features Paul di Filippo's flash pieces in response to Todd Schorr's paintings. I think Interzone made a coup with this one, and is one of the reasons I enjoy reading the mag. Paul di Filippo's piece is entitled: The Furthest Schorr, 32 fugues on the paintings of Todd Schorr. I'm not yet done reading all of it.

I've also heard that Michael Moorcock will be writing a collection of short stories based on illustrations left behind by Mervyn Peake (Gormenghast Trilogy, Alice in Wonderland etc.).

All this ekphrastic work going on, makes me think of how the lines between written art and visual art are growing thinner. A nice thought. I'm wondering what science fiction work will look like say 100 years from now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Lamoureux said...

I didn't even know Moorcock was still alive. I have been trying to track down copies of the books from the Eternal Champion series from the 80's with those amazing cover illustrations on them. At some point in the future, I'm going to do an ekphrastic book of fantasy material from old D&D handbooks. (Yes, how geeky is that?)

Sci-fi and fantasy are genres that have always pushed the limits of vidual/literary space, given the media of comics and graphic novels close ties to those genres.

07 June, 2006  
Blogger rcloenen-ruiz said...

It was so cool, sitting there and hearing about this future project.

Sci-fi and fantasy are genres that have always pushed the limits of vidual/literary space, given the media of comics and graphic novels close ties to those genres. So true. *nods*

07 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home