Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Lizard Meanders , is Luisa Igloria's new blog. Her new website Luisa Igloria.com is designed by her daughter, Jenny Carino, and looks very, very cool.

I love Luisa's poetry. It's the kind of poetry, you just want to sink into and read again and again. Lovely imagery and such control of language.

Trill and Mordent (Luisa's latest book), is one superb read. It just leaves you gasping for breath as you travel up and down through beauty. Perhaps what makes Luisa's poetry extra resonant for me is how I keep catching glimpses of my own childhood in Banaue, Ifugao. There is this thrumming of drums that never leaves the reader, this passionate twirl that reminds me of how our work is rooted in where we've been and where we come from.

I know you want to read her poems. Some of them are up on her new website at: http://www.luisaigloria.com.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Mabanglo-Mayor said...

Thanks for the link, Chie!

Luisa's poem Olan Olan has given me a clue to my novel-in-progress!

29 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home