Thursday, August 11, 2005

Vive Le France

So, we did get to go on our holiday. Aside from the five nights we spent in a bed and breakfast run by a Dutch couple, we spent two nights in our little tent, really roughing it. You can't see it in the picture, but other expert campers come to this camping place complete with folding chairs, a picnic table and mostly with two pit burner stoves. Our only concession to luxury was to buy a double sized inflatable mattress.

I went to the south of France with a bit of trepidation and found myself totally charmed by the people, who even if they don't speak much english, are always smiling and friendly.

Could it be because of the wonderful sunshine? Was it the exhiliration of being surrounded by so much beauty? In any case, this short holiday recieved a ten, ten, ten score from Joel Jan.

Next time I go to France, I'll be sure to bring more words with me than Bonjour, Merci and Au Revoir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home