Thursday, July 28, 2005

Vacations and other things...

We left it too late, I suppose. But we've never had to go anywhere during peak season. Until this year, we've gone on vacation during the low season when most parks are empty and all the other children are at school. This is the reason why most parents reserve at least six months ahead of time and why people here are so obsessed with scheduling their vacation days.

My telephone conversations with various campings and parks in France are beginning to take on the same monotonous tint where the owners tell me in a super-sympathetic voice that they are already fully booked and they can only wish me success in looking for another place. This, after so much resistance to going camping...when I've finally agreed to go sleep in a tent for at least a couple of days.

Anyway, I'm off to surf the net again. Surely I should be able to find a house, a room, a camping place somewhere that isn't fully booked. Wish me luck.

**

On another note, my interview with Sara Russell of Poetry Life and Times is now up at The Sword Review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home