Friday, April 28, 2006

Philippine Speculative Fiction 2

There's this call for submissions on Dean Alfar's blog which looks very interesting. Now to find out if I have a story that would work with this call for subs.

I am quite pleased to discover this writer. Some of his work is available online, but sad to say not available from Amazon. So, I asked my sister if she could just go and get some copies of this writer's books for me.

I am always pleased to discover Filipino writers writing in the speculative genre. I recognize how my fellow Pinoys have got a fantastic imagination. And I'm not saying that just because I'm a Pinay.

Reading Dean's online work, I couldn't help thinking this could just as easily be published on Realms of Fantasy or on one of the bigger magazines. But I admire Dean's dedication to promoting this genre.

I'm off to review more subs, finish my review and complete the first draft of The Sun's Bastard Children.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dean said...

Thanks for the kind words. One of my stories is available via Amazon, in the Year's Best Fantasy & Horror 17th Annual Collection, edited by Ellen Datlow, Kelly Link and Gavin Grant. It reprints my first spec fiction sale to the US. You can also order Rabid Transit: Managerie from Velocity Press there in the US, where another piece appears (http://www.taverners-koans.com/ratbastards/). :)

29 April, 2006  
Blogger rcloenen-ruiz said...

Oh yay! I'm going to look for those, and will post about this on the TSR forum.

30 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home