Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Celebrating Hay(na)ku style :)

So, I had this idea to e-celebrate my birthday hay(na)ku style :) It's a free-for-all participate in hay(na)ku. If you'd like to see what's going on, come and visit the discussion forum at Haruah . If you've never tried Hay(na)ku there's no better time than now to try :) You can even join as many times as you like, just press the post button.

**********************Announced on Haruah*******************

Tomorrow (the 26th) is my birthday :) Yay! And because I love poetry, I thought I'd introduce my favorite poetic form called the hay(na)ku. It is quite simple to use. You don't need an MA to understand it. The rules are very simple...Six words/three lines/one poem. You can also do multiple hay(na)kus to come up with a lengthier poem. For more reference regarding this poem, you can refer to the hay(na)ku blog at: [url]http://eileentabios.blogspot.com[/url]

The challenge then is this, to write as many hay(na)ku as you can...it can be long, it can be short, it can a set of tercets, it can be just one. But think within that six word frame. In my experience, this hones the poet's sensitivity to the importance of words included. What do you include, what do you exclude? Write your best and on the first week of June, I'll send the best hay(na)ku poet a present.


I'll start with a short hay(na)ku I wrote for my son when he went to my in-laws for a sleepover:

Joel goes off to Grandpa and Grandma

Kiss me goodnight,
my little
traveller.



** who's next? :) **

4 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Mabanglo-Mayor said...

Happy
Solar Return!
Wishing you Prosperity!

(PS. I had trouble finding your thread on the Haruah forums...)

26 April, 2006  
Blogger rcloenen-ruiz said...

Yay. This is so typical me. The thread is under General Discussions entitled: A Poem Game :)

26 April, 2006  
Blogger Ivy said...

Happy
birthday to
you, Rochita! -- Belatedly...

30 April, 2006  
Blogger rcloenen-ruiz said...

Ivy,
thanks for
your warm wishes :)

30 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home