Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Sweetness of Summer Rain

I wrote this one a couple of years ago, but didn't know that my brother liked it as much as I did.


The Sweetness of Summer Rain
by: Rochita C. Ruiz
( a.k.a. Raindancer )


Can you hear
the sound of my voice

the echo of my footsteps
walking up and down
through the corridors of your mind?

I want to know
everything
that you keep locked up
behind those barred up doors
those temporary excuses for walls...


As if, I didn't already know
But I want you to tell me...

My fingers tap-tap
on the hardwood
of your soul

wanting to be let in
but the sound of my fingers
is like the faint echo
Of grasshoppers

So faint, you cannot hear me
above the tumult
of your cries

Come to me
when you are weary
when you are tired
of this aching journey of life

When you have done
with battering your head
against the stone wall
of what is meant to be

Open the doors
and let me in

My voice will fall
upon your soul

Like the sweetness of summer rain....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home