Monday, December 12, 2005

The First Hay(na)ku Anthology

To celebrate The First Hay(na)ku Anthology, Eileen Tabios has announced a Hay(na)ku Holiday contest.

Today, I got my copy of The First Hay(na)ku Anthology in the mail. I find myself understanding why this form is addictive, it is addictive...okay...it is addictive.
I even attempted to write fantasy hay(na)ku which I sent to the speculative poetry criticque group on The Sword Review .

I haven't written poetry in a long time...but because of The Chatelaine I find myself attempting the form.

(*to knowledgeable reader, please forgive my errors.*)


Forgetfulness
they say
indicates onset of


Alzheimer's.
Growing old
in cold countries

my brain cells
freeze over
eradicating

memories
one by
one. Until I

don't remember where
I left
yesterday.


*****

Reading and reading. I carry poetry books around the house with me.

Have found Hay(na)ku
will attempt
poetry.

3 Comments:

Blogger mark young said...

I hope to see a submission from you for the competition!

13 December, 2005  
Blogger rcloenen-ruiz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

14 December, 2005  
Blogger rcloenen-ruiz said...

I meant to say, thanks. I'll do my best.

14 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home