Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The ED SF Project

What a body misses during seven years of absence from the internet:

Fantastic scifi fiction on zines like SCI FICTION which is shutting down after giving the world five and a half years of fantastic short scifi for free.

I caught this announcement on the OWW mailing list and want to post it here for scifi lovers everywhere. Visit http://edsfproject.blogspot.com to claim a story for appreciation.

catherine morrison wrote:
We're all saddened and angered by the news that SCI FICTION is shutting
down. Not much to be done, but Dave Schwartz would like to give it the
best sendoff possible - he's launched The ED SF Project
to celebrate SciFiction:

SciFiction is ending after five and a half years of great fiction. I
don't think we should let this go without, at the very least,
showing our appreciation for the site and the work Ellen Datlow and
so many talented writers have done.

Here's my idea.

By my count there are 320 stories archived at the site. I'm willing
to bet that there are that many SF writers/critics/fans/what have
you who have some sort of presence on the web. So I'm thinking,
let's all of us write an appreciation of one of the stories.

It doesn't need to be something long -- it could be a few
paragraphs, or it could be in-depth; it could be a critical analysis
or just a reaction to the story. Just something that focuses on the
fiction and shows how much impact the site has had. Remember, this
is an appreciation. A celebration. Pick a story you love, or
discover a new one by reading through the archives. Discover for
yourself just what we're lo sing. Then let's give it the best
sendoff possible.

Claim a story in the comments at the site
; first come, first serve.
(http://edsfproject.blogspot.com/)

****

So I went over and I've asked about Freeing the Angels, Pat Cadigan and Chris Fowler. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping it's not been claimed yet. I really loved this story...it's just my kind of scifi/specfic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home