Sunday, May 15, 2005

Happy news...

The date on my submission list reads: May 4, 2005. Saturday, I wake up wondering how long it will take for zines to read my work and let me know what they think about it. Forcing myself not to think about it, because I'd been having nightmares about pink slips in my mail.

So, there I am at 8 in the morning climbing out of bed, when I see an email with the title of my short story, Dark Angel, Benigno. And I think, oh no.

Click, click, click on all the other mails first. I need the good news to prepare me for whatever comes.

And, and, and...It's good news :) Me with a big smile, jumping up and down and running upstairs to wake up Jan and Joel Jan. Jan wants to frame the acceptance letter that reads:

"Thank you for your submission of "Dark Angel, Benigno" to The Sword Review. It is my pleasure to tell you that we would like to use it."

Anyway, to make a long story short, my story is now published on The Sword Review and everyone can read it for free. You can go there by clicking on the link on the right hand side of this blog.

More news: This is a bit late, but I'm really glad that Uncle Gerry and Michelle have signed up to contribute their own memories to this blog. I look forward to reading their posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home