Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Writing updates

Sifting through my mailbox this morning, I found the following emails:

From Laurie O'Hare, Editor of Chickflicks Ezine .

Thank you for your submission. We enjoyed the creative prose of your nonfiction piece. We have accepted it for the upcoming issue.

This is about my non-fiction piece entitled "Falling in Love". Yayness and a big smile from over here.

The Skin Byteback book is out too. You can download it for free from Route Online or buy a hard copy of the byteback. I have a story in this book entitled, "My Skin, Us". Enjoy.

Here's the blurb:

Skin - Editor Crista Ermiya A mixture of fiction and non-fiction stories are to be found in this new byteback book edited by Crista Ermiya on the theme of skin. In her introduction Crista describes skin as 'a border frontier, the porous barrier between what's on the outside and the inside; appearance and reality.'

And on the fictional side of things, I got this email from Dark Energy SF editor, Jerry Davis

Just a quick note to let you know your story has passed the first round of readings and is in the final selection stage. 99% of the stories we receive don't make it this far, so even if we decide against it at this point, please consider this a compliment.

I'm quite pleased about this, and hope I'll have more opportunity to write and submit work soon.

In the meantime, my Being and Becoming column is up on, Haruah

And an Interview with Marshall Payne has been published at: The Sword Review .

I'm still grinning from ear to ear about the Chickflicks acceptance. Thanks to Laurie O'Hare and Stacy Taylor.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ivy said...

Wow, you are on such a streak! Congratulations!

And even bigger congratulations on your baby boy! :-)

28 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home